When I am afraid, I will pray.
Who said that? It doesn’t matter because today our nation needs for every one of us to be praying like we’ve never prayed before:
- Pray for a safe inauguration for President-elect Biden and Vice President- elect Harris and the wisdom for them to lead us through these difficult times . . .
- Pray for safety for our Senators and Representatives and their willingness to work together across party lines for the healing of our nation . . .
- Pray for the Policemen and the National Guard Troops who will defend us from those who would disrupt the inauguration, a time-honored celebration of our democracy. . .
- Pray for the Doctors and Nurses and all the health care workers who put their lives on the line every day to heal those battling Covid-19. . .
- Pray for the Manufacturers of Covid-19 vaccines that they will be able to ramp up production to meet the world’s inoculations needs. . .
- Pray for the Distributors of Covid-19 vaccines who deliver it to our cities and for the men and women who give us those life-saving shots . . .
- Pray for those who are so afraid of Covid-19 that they respond by running from the things they need to do to protect themselves and others . . .
- Pray for those who have lost their jobs because of the pandemic and need both financial assistance and hope for the future . . .
- Pray for those who are exhausted coping with changes in their lives necessitated by the pandemic and give them rest and the freedom from fear that they need . . .
- Pray for yourself as you navigate these lonely, frightening days that you might find peace and the help and comfort needed to face each new day.
What will you add to this prayer list today, and tomorrow, and every day until the pandemic is behind us and our nation is a healthy democracy again?
Blessings on your efforts to give our nation the gift of your prayers,
January 18, 2021